HeartCam’s heart scanning detects any plaque in the arteries of your heart and accurately predicts your risk for heart attack before you have any symptoms and well before a stress test. This is important because stress testing misses most early heart disease. Many heart attacks occur in people who have passed a stress test. With early detection, coronary plaque, the cause of heart attacks, can be slowed or stopped.
HeartCam Preventive Heart Care Center is located at the University of Pennsylvania, Presbyterian Medical Center at 38th & Market Streets in Philadelphia. Free parking is available in the Presbyterian Garage.
HeartCam Fast Facts:
- The scan takes just 15 minutes.
- It’s a non-invasive scan. The scanner is open and not claustrophic.
- You don’t have to undress.
- There is no preparation, no injections, medication or dyes.
- You do not need to fast prior to the scan.
- HeartCam test results are confidential and reported to you and your physician.
For more information, please contact our office.